By Brianna Olson
Is your favorite candle all burnt out but you just can’t seem to let it go? Why not repurpose it into a unique vase or cool cup! Did you forget Mother’s Day is coming up and you don’t want to break the bank? This is the perfect gift that you can make right in your kitchen! Follow these 5 simple steps to take your old candle to a whole new level!
- Find an old candle you have in your house and pop it into the freezer over night. This will cause all the wax to harden and make removing it from the glass container much easier!
- Take the frozen candle out of the fridge and get ready to let off some steam! Grab a knife or a fork and go to town chipping away at the frozen wax. Once all of it is crushed up, dump it out and voila! You’re on to the next step!
- Next, use warm water and dishwashing soap to rinse off the labels and stickers on the glass container. The warm water, mixed with the soap and a good scrub will make the label come right off!
- Now that your container is all clean, you can choose whats next! Pop some flowers in for a fun vase or add ice and your favorite beverage for a cool new cup!
- Wrap it all up with some tissue paper and a bow for the perfect Mother’s Day gift! Another option is to stop into Be Yourself to pick one of our amazing candles to give to your mom too! Add a little card with some ribbon around the candle that has these steps so your mom can repurpose it when she’s used up the candle!
There you have it, 5 simple steps to take your old candle and give it new life. beyourself has tons of amazing smelling candles that start at just $22.00 so be sure to stop in today for any last minute shopping! We hope to see you soon and Happy Mother’s Day! xoxo
Photos By Jennifer O’Dell